This question originally came from the Ask Me A Question blog, where it was submitted by Gramps. We are opening it up here as a forum discussion as well.
This is an important environment question, but it needs careful discussion.Gramps wrote: Is global warming real or not? That is the question I am posing: is it a human thing or a natural thing? I am undecided on this, as I know the earth has cycles.
Earth does have natural cycles, but modern climate change is not explained by natural cycles alone. The serious discussion is about evidence, causes, impacts, uncertainty, policy choices and how people understand climate science.
A few points to discuss:
- Why do people confuse natural climate cycles with modern global warming?
- What kinds of evidence do scientists use to study climate change?
- How should forums handle climate questions without spreading misinformation?
- What environmental changes have people noticed locally?
- Which parts of climate science do people find hardest to understand?
The original blog answer is here:
Is Global Warming Real?
Add your thoughts below.
