This question originally came from the Ask Me A Question blog, where it was submitted by Funny Ha Ha. We are opening it up here as a forum discussion as well.
This is a fun question because the "big bad wolf" appears in more than one part of popular culture. People may think of nursery stories, fairy tales, children's songs, cartoons, films or the idea of a villain who frightens everyone else.Funny Ha Ha wrote: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? I have always wanted to know the answer to this question, but don't ask me why. I cannot remember where the question came from. I think it could be a nursery rhyme or a film, but I really do not know. So please tell me who is afraid of the big bad wolf.
A few points to discuss:
- Where did you first hear the phrase "big bad wolf"?
- Do you associate it more with fairy tales, cartoons, songs or films?
- Who is actually afraid of the big bad wolf in the stories you remember?
- Is the wolf just a character, or does it represent danger, fear or temptation?
- What is your favourite version of a big bad wolf story?
Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?
Add your thoughts below.
